In this 5 days desert trip from Casablanca to Erg Chigaga, you will travel with your friends or family as well as our driver in a private 4×4 vehicle or minivan, you will discover Erg Chigaga remote desert. This private 5-day desert tour from Casablanca to Ergo Chigaga will allow you to spend 3 nights at the best desert camp in Ergo Chigaga and try a variety of outdoor activities. Reconnect with nature and experience Morocco’s stunning outdoors, wide open spaces and possibly the biggest skies you’ll ever see.
This desert tour in Erg Chigaga is packed with traditional experiences and local interactions, making it ideal for any traveler who wants to truly absorb Morocco’s fascinating history, culture, cuisine, nature and landscapes. Note: This trip can be shortened to 4 days and spend only 2 nights in the Sahara desert.
Highlights of this 5 Days Desert Tour From Casablanca To Erg Chigaga :
Day 1 – 5 Morocco :
- Kasbah Telwat, and Kasar of Ait Benhaddou
- Spend a night in Ouarzazate at one of its tranquil lodges
- Walk through the nomadic trial
- Walk through the Ksours of southern Morocco
- Meet local people and learn about their lifestyle
- Learn about desert petroglyphs
- Visit the nomads and learn about their way of life
- Spend 3 nights in authentic desert tents at Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Watch the sunset while you enjoy sandboarding on the dunes
- Camel ride through the golden sand dunes of Erg Chigaga ● Overnight at a guest house overlooking the Dra Valley
- Discover Lake Iriqui in the middle of the Sahara
Tour Itinerary : Private 5 Days Desert Tour From Casablanca To Erg Chigaga
1st Day : Casablanca To Ouarzazate
Your private 5-day desert tour from Casablanca to Erg Chigaga begins in Casablanca where you will meet your driver in the morning. In the first leg of the journey, we will drive along the highway for about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Then, we will travel through the High Atlas Mountains where you will enjoy the most beautiful scenery of Tzi Tichka Pass which reaches 2260 meters above sea level.
The drive to the mountains takes about 3-4 hours and you will have the opportunity to enjoy local food on the road and visit Kasbah Telwat, which was the seat of power of the El Glaoui family, thus sometimes called the Palace of Glaoui. . Drive through the village of Berber and in the afternoon, you can explore the Kasar of Ait Benhaddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a favorite Hollywood filming location. Later, we drive southeast to Ouarzazate, where you will spend the night in a quiet guesthouse with dinner and breakfast.
2nd Day : Ouarzazate To Erg Chigaga
In the morning, after your breakfast, we start our day from your guest-house in Ouarzazate to the Berber desert camp of Erg Chigga in the Moroccan Sahara, in the huge dunes of Erg Chigga. The route follows the course of the Dra River, passing through Agdz, Zagora and M’hamid El Ghizlane (where you leave the tarmac road behind).
Drive off-road for 2 hours to reach the camp, arrive before sunset with a chance to do camel trekking and climb the big dunes near Erg Chigaga. Watch the sunset from the golden dunes. Enjoy the campfire and star-gazing. Dinner and breakfast are included on both nights.
3rd – 4th Day : Full Day in the Desert Erg Chigaga
Spend your days in Erg Chigaga Desert at leisure. After breakfast camel-track from the camp and then walk to explore the high dunes. Picnic lunch is included. Perhaps take a short ride in a 4×4 to see the nomads in the surrounding area.
Note: There are plenty of activities for those who either want to camp or venture into the wilderness.
5th Day : Erg Chigaga To Marrakech Via Lake Iriqui
Be prepared to leave early today. Breakfast, then drive back to Marrakech, taking a different route out of the desert, to reach the tarmac road at Foum Jeguid (after a 3-hour off-road drive through the dry salt flats of Lake Iriqui). Follow the route north through Tazenakh to join once more across the High Atlas Mountains each day 1. Expect to arrive in Marrakech in the late afternoon/early evening. And this is where your 5-day desert tour from Casablanca to Ergo Chigaga ends. Your guide will take you to the city hotel or airport where you say your goodbyes.
Included in your 5 days desert tour from Casablanca to Erg Chigaga
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Pick up in Marrakech and drop off in Marrakech
- 1 night accommodation in a guesthouse with daily breakfast
- 3 nights in a desert camp at Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Camel Trekking (Camels for Everyone)
- desert tent
- Water in the desert, tea
- Transfer to and from camp by 4×4 as an option
- Dinner in Ouarzazate, Sahara Desert
- Sand boarding
- Baggage service
- Entrance fee to Kasbah and local guide
- Picnic lunch in the desert
- Free stop
- Visiting all interesting places on the way
- Fuel for a full 5-day desert trip from Casablanca to Ergo Chigaga
- Tips and gratuities