Table of Contents
7 Days Desert Tour From Marrakech To Erg Chigaga- Desert To Coast
On this 7 days desert tour from Marrakech to Erg Chigaga, you will travel with your friends or family as well as our driver in a private 4×4 vehicle or minivan, you will discover Erg Chigaga remote desert. This private 7-day desert tour from Marrakech to Erg Chigaga will allow you to spend 3 nights at the best desert camp in Erg Chigaga and try a variety of outdoor activities. Reconnect with nature and experience Morocco’s stunning outdoors, wide open spaces and possibly the biggest skies you’ll ever see.
This desert tour from Marrakech to Ergu Chigaga will take you south by road to Essaouira, where the spirit of Jimi Hendrix is said to reside. A city of blue ivory on the Atlantic Ocean in Morocco.
Highlights of this 7 Days Desert Tour From Marrakech To Erg Chigaga :
Day 1 – 7 Morocco :
- Kasbah Telwat, and Kasar of Ait Benhaddou
- Spend a night in Ouarzazate at one of its tranquil lodges
- Walk through the nomadic trial
- Walk through the Ksours of southern Morocco
- Meet local people and learn about their lifestyle
- Learn about desert petroglyphs
- Visit the nomads and learn about their way of life
- Spend 3 nights in authentic desert tents at Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Watch the sunset while you enjoy sandboarding on the dunes
- Camel ride through the golden sand dunes of Erog Chigaga
- Spend a night in a guest house overlooking the Dra valley
- Discover Lake Iriqui in the middle of the Sahara
- Foam Zguide Canyon
- Taroudant Little Marrakech, Morocco
- Essaouira – coastal city
Tour Itinerary : Private 7 Days Desert Tour From Marrakech To Erg Chigaga
Day 1: Casablanca to Ouarzazate
Your private 5-day desert tour from Casablanca to Erg Chigaga begins in Casablanca where you will meet your driver in the morning. In the first leg of the journey, we will drive along the highway for about 2 hours and 30 minutes. After that, we will travel through the High Atlas Mountains where you will enjoy the most beautiful scenery of Tzi Tichka Pass which reaches 2260 meters above sea level.
The drive to the mountains takes about 3-4 hours and you will have the opportunity to enjoy local food on the road and visit Kasbah Telwat, which was the seat of power of the El Glaoui family, thus sometimes called the Palace of Glaoui. . Drive through the village of Berber and in the afternoon, you can explore the Kasar of Ait Benhaddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a favorite Hollywood filming location. Later, we drive southeast to Ouarzazate, where you will spend the night in a quiet guesthouse with dinner and breakfast.
Day 2: Ouarzazate to Ergo Chigaga
In the morning, after your breakfast, we start our day from your guest-house in Ouarzazate to the Berber desert camp of Erg Chigga in the Moroccan Sahara, in the huge dunes of Erg Chigga. The route follows the course of the Dra River, passing through Agdz, Zagora and M’hamid El Ghizlane (where you leave the tarmac road behind). Drive off-road for 2 hours to reach the camp, arrive before sunset with a chance to do camel trekking and climb the big dunes near Erg Chigaga. Watch the sunset from the golden dunes. Enjoy the campfire and star-gazing. Dinner and breakfast are included on both nights.
3rd – 4th Day: Full day in desert Erg Chigaga
Spend your days in Erg Chigaga Desert at leisure. After breakfast camel-track from the camp and then walk to explore the high dunes. Picnic lunch is included. Perhaps take a short ride in a 4×4 to see the nomads in the surrounding area. Note: There are plenty of activities for those who either want to camp or venture into the wilderness.
Day 5: Ergo Chigaga to Taroudant via Lake Iriqui
Wake up early and walk around the dunes to admire the sunrise. Later, you will take in the Hamada (rocky desert) and cross the dry Lake Iriki. Have tea with the nomads, dig out the fossils and later rejoin the tarmac in the foam zguide. Have a delicious lunch by the pool at Bab Rimal or opt for the more formal choice of kefta in the village.
Head west and soon reach the village of Tajenakht, very famous for its large selection of Berber rugs and the destination of various merchants who sell rugs in other Moroccan cities. Arrive Taroudant late afternoon. Dinner and overnight at a nice hotel near Medina or Palm Grove.
Day 6: Taroudant to Essaouira
After breakfast, ride a la caleche around the city walls and/or browse the souks for Morocco’s best argan oil or honey. Or, arrive in Essaouira a little early to make the most of your time. You don’t have to plan anything in advance but decide on the day. Follow the Atlantic coast to Essaouira and admire the goats in the trees as you approach the windy city. Dinner and accommodation in a beautiful riad in Madinah.
Day 7 : Essaouira to Marrakech or Casablanca
Enjoy the morning at leisure in Essaouira. In the afternoon, we head to Marrakech or Casablanca. Your 7-day desert tour concludes from Marrakech to Erg Chigaga. Your guide will take you to the city hotel or airport where you say your goodbyes.
Included in your 7-day desert tour from Marrakech to Erg Chigaga
- Private transportation with English speaking driver
- Pick up in Marrakech and drop off in Marrakech
- 3 nights accommodation in a guesthouse with daily breakfast
- 3 nights in a desert camp at Erg Chigaga Dunes
- Camel Trekking (Camels for Everyone)
- desert tent
- Water in the desert, tea
- Transfer to and from camp by 4×4 as an option
- Dinner in Ouarzazate, Sahara Desert and Taroudant
- Lunch 1st-5th day
- Sand boarding
- Baggage service
- Entrance fee to Kasbah and local guide
- Picnic lunch in the desert
- Free stop
- Visiting all interesting places on the way
- Fuel for a full 7-day desert trip from Marrakech to Erg Chigaga
- Dinner in Essaouira
- Tips and Donations